At Main Line Health®, our Magnet® hospitals are well-known throughout suburban Philadelphia for our award-winning care. We recently have been recognized by the Philadelphia Business Journal as one of the top ten "Best Places to Work" in the Delaware Valley. And with a history spanning more than 150 years, it’s one of the region’s most honored and respected academic healthcare institutions.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Engineer
Bryn Mawr Hospital, Bryn Mawr, PA
• Day Shift • Weekend Rotation (every 3rd weekend)
We are currently in need of a Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Engineer to coordinate chronic disease management for those patients diagnosed with COPD. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing disease specific patient education including medication
• Assisting with discharge transitions
• Developing educational programs for our skilled nursing facilities colleagues
• Planning and conducting in-services, competencies, educational content and training
• Maintaining and managing equipment needed to facilitate COPD patient education
• Collaborating with nursing & care manager to ensure appointments are made with appropriate health care providers prior to
• Acting as a system liaison for respiratory care departments for COPD strategies ensuring communication and collaboration on
• Coordinating COPD support meetings
- Must be a graduate of a COARC accredited Respiratory Therapy Program and have a Bachelor’s Degree in related health care.
- Must hold a Registered Respiratory Therapist credential
- Must be licensed as a Respiratory Therapist in Pennsylvania
- Current CPR certification is required
- Must also be credentialed as a COPD Educator via the American Association for Respiratory care (AARC)
If you're ready to do more with your career, please e-mail Ellen Purcell at PurcellE@mlhs.org. Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer