Educator Respiratory Care
Location: Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital
Shift: Day Shift
Hours: Mon-Fri ; 7am-4pm
Plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates respiratory education for all team members who provide clinical care for patients with respiratory dysfunction. Provides bedside, classroom, and external respiratory education to hospital personnel, students, physicians, and others. Implements and coordinates respiratory- related clinical research. Collects and reports quality metrics related to respiratory care.
Education - Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in respiratory therapy or health - related field.
Education - Preferred:
• Master's Degree in respiratory therapy or health - related field.
Experience - Required:
• 5 years of experience in advanced respiratory care, in an acute care setting.
Experience - Preferred:
• 3 years of experience in a respiratory care leadership position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - Required:
• Knowledge and competence that reflects current respiratory care practice.
• Ability to identify clinical problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions/quality care interventions.
• Basic knowledge of evidence-based practice and research strategies.
• Basic computer skills.
Licensure - Required:
• Respiratory Care Practitioner PA License Upon Hire
Certifications - Required:
• BLS - Basic Life Support Upon Hire
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Upon Hire
• PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support Upon Hire
• RESP REG - Respiratory Therapist, Registered Via NBRC -National Board for Respiratory Care Upon Hire
Licensure - Preferred:
•Neonatal / Pediatric Specialty (NPS) within 1 Year of hire
•Adult Critical Care Specialist (ACCS) - optional
For More Information or To Apply - CLICK HERE